The PowerPoint presentations and video replay from the 52nd International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA) Conference can now be found at the IFHA website (ifhaonline.org) or by following the direct link at ifhaonline.org/default.asp?section=Resources&area=10&conf=52&cYr=2018.
The 52nd IFHA Conference, which was held at the offices of France Galop, was chaired by Louis Romanet. Among a number of topics, the Conference outlined the Federation’s strategic plans for the coming years, means to stimulate turnover, a panel on rules harmonisation, and the vital importance of health, welfare, and safety of jockeys.
The first International Conference of Horseracing Authorities was organized and hosted by the Société d'Encouragement in Paris, France, on October 9, 1967. Since 1994, the annual conference has been organized at France Galop headquarters by the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities.
About the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA):
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA) is the world peak body for the international sport of Thoroughbred racing. Its 60 members are the national racing authorities across the globe which stage Thoroughbred races.
Major areas of the IFHA’s activities include:
• Making and amending the International Agreement on Breeding, Racing and Wagering (the IABRW)
• Policy development relating to welfare and safety of horses and riders
• International Race Planning and Grading (“black type”)
• World Rankings
• The fight against Equine Prohibited Substances and Practices
• Harmonization of Race Day Rules
• Certification of IFHA Reference Labs
• Fostering commercial development of the racing industry globally
The IFHA is a foundation member with Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) of the International Horse Sports Confederation and is affiliated to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).